Thursday, 10 June 2010

Dad, Mom and Daughter





Serious part:


I grew up with mom. Mom had always been my best friend….until I had my first story book at the age of 9.
Mom listens more than she speaks when I talk to her. And, she listens attentively. That’s what I love about her.
If mom is so loveable, dad is the opposite of mom. Dad can drive me to department store to buy school things and toys. I’m proud that he cares about me and my sister, but one thing that I don’t like about him is that he rarely looks things from my point of view. If he wants something to be A, then it should be A and not B, even though I try to persuade him to change his mind. It will be my lucky time if I can get him to change his mind, but I’m unlucky most of the time, unfortunately.
When children are young, at about 5 to 10, parents often teach them that they should use nice words to talk to friends and other people. So was I. But it really put me down to hear harsh words from my dad to mom when my parents argued, that time I was about 13. At that time, I started to learn that we are taught to remain calm and stay polite, but when anger comes out of control, some people may forget how to use nice things to say to the other person, or to their life partner, the one they are supposed to love and share their life. They say that a punch hurts, but words can hurt people, too. And I really don’t like phrases such as’’ stupid, bitch, pig,etc.’’
However angry we may get, I believe that we’ll settle it down if we are willing to talk over the conflicts. Best thing is not to know who is right and who is wrong. Best thing for me is to keep and build up the relationship.

Funny side about Generation Gap:

I’m a natural sleeper. I can stay on bed up to 9am next morning unless somebody wakes me up. And mom is never that person, Dad is. He always stands right at the door of our room, legs apart, elbows out, hands at waist, and complains on and on that a girl should wake up early and do housework. From this point, I don’t think he’s got all right. I agree that we should get to bed early and get up early the next morning, but everything has its own exceptions. If we are so tired for not getting enough sleep the previous night for some reasonable excuses, then we should have some more hours of sleep next day; About that being a girl, I need to get up early, I think there is some mistaken concept here. Boys and girls are equal, so not only girls need to wake up early but boys need to as well. This thought of my father, I guess, stems from the very old farm work rural tradition of Vietnam: men are to rise early to work on the rice field, and women are to rise even earlier than men so that they can prepare breakfast.
Time has changed. In the past, most wives had to do housework alone. Nowadays, husbands and wives share work together and they take turns to take care of the babies, too. I think family lasts forever if dad and mom love each other, show constant and necessary care towards each other. I hope that when I love a man in the future, we will be a happy family and talk together at dinner when we come back home from work. Talking and sharing to the ones we love helps relax a lot.
Dad and mom can be really like children sometimes. When I watch a sad movie with mom or when I keep the TV remote from dad so that I can watch cartoons, and not daily news, I find out that mom can cry easily and dad can get angry at not being able to watch what he wants to. So, I try to act like a grown – up just because I think it’s time for my lovely parents to get back to their childhood. They have been a long way from their childhood, but they still have emotions to give out. Emotions are a very positive part of us human.

I’ve written enough for tonight. Byebye^^

No comments:

Post a Comment