


Vinh
Vinh is a big city in Vietnam. On September 5th, 2008, it was upgraded from Grade-II city to Grade-I city, the fourth Grade-I city of Vietnam after Hải Phòng, Đà Nẵng and Huế. The population of Vinh was estimated in 2009 to be 435,208 people.
Vinh was originally known as Ke Van. Later, this successively became Ke Vinh, Vinh Giang, Vinh Doanh, and then Vinh Thi. Eventually, in 1789, the official name became simply Vinh, probably under European influence. Under French rule of Vietnam, Vinh was further developed as an industrial centre, and became well known for its factories.
The city of Vinh was once the site of a number of significant historic sites, particularly an ancient citadel. Over the years, however, Vinh has been extensively damaged in a number of wars. Hồ Chí Minh's birthplace, some 14 kilometres to the west of Vinh, is a significant tourist attraction for many Vietnamese.
Vinh is not a famous city but it is very nice. It has a history with it. After visiting the sites (I don’t care about history), we got a place to past the night. But, before that, we got to play some games on the van. The thing is, I altered the results of the game! I didn’t even know that I did that! I altered the results like what I want. Each of us have to get a lucky draw. I never get the bad luck draws at all. But, Blaine – someone I really hate- got all the bad luck draws. The samething happened with my sister when she plays cards and that’s why I know. She was winning but when I came in, she lost heavily! When I went away, she won again! Oh, that happened quite sometime ago and things like that still keep happening to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment